Engaging with the Aged Care Standards
The new aged care standards require staff and consumers to work differently in aged care services.
- How do you support your staff, board, consumers to understand the aged care standards?
- How can you engage people in plain English to understand the standards?
- What evidence does your service need to demonstrate consumer engagement?
- How does your service involve consumers in the design and delivery across all services?
In this workshop you will:
- Engage with the standards through playing the standards game
- Explore and debate the evidence that your staff, volunteers and consumers need to demonstrate meeting the outcomes of the aged care standards;
- Start to identify gaps in evidence in meeting the standards in a consumer and staff friendly format;
- Access templates that will assist your organisation in engaging staff, volunteers and consumers in understanding the standards including all templates used for the standards game.
- Network with colleagues to share ideas and improve engagement practice; and
- Be invited to be part of an online community to share ideas about consumer engagement practices.
What will you get from attending
- Better understanding of what the aged care standards mean for you in your role
Access to the templates for the Aged Care Standards Game that you can use with consumers, staff and volunteers in your organisation
- Identify where there may be gaps in evidence in your service or organisation
- Engage with the standards that facilitates engagement with staff, consumers and volunteers
All people living and working in aged care services including in-home and residential aged care. This includes
consumers, Team leaders, Co-ordinators, Case Managers, Facility Managers, staff and volunteers
Face to face or online for up to 20 participants.
3 hours face to face or 2 by 1-hour online workshops
Ask us to run this course for your