Implementing Wellness and Reablement with older people for frontline workers
What does wellness and reablement mean for older people and their allies?
How do you work alongside people to encourage them to live the life they choose?
What practical strategies can you put in place to support the older people you work alongside?
This workshop will give staff the skills to implement wellness and reablement in working with older people and their allies.
Workshop participants will:
- describe what wellness and reablement means in practice;
- apply practical techniques to support them to engage with older people and empowering older people to be in charge of their lives.
- access learning resources that will improve your practice with older people
- network and share practice ideas with other frontline workers.
- Be invited to be part of an online community of practice.
This workshop is designed frontline workers including support workers working in the home, community or residential aged care services.
This workshop can be delivered to aged and community care services for up to 18 participants. The workshop can be tailored to the needs of specific individuals and groups.
3 hours face to face. This workshop can also be delivered online via 2 one hour sessions via go to training.
Ask us to run this course for your