Inclusive Practice with LGBTI older people
This workshop explores attitudes to older people and sexuality and how to provide inclusive support to older people who are Lesbian,
Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual and Intersex (LGBTI).
Workshop participants will:
- identify attitudes to ageing and sexuality
- describe how attitudes to sexuality and ageing affect practice
- explore and discuss the history of the Gay and Lesbian rights movement in Australia
- describe what inclusive practice means for working work older people who are LGBTI.
- Discuss what inclusive practice means in relation to the Aged Care Standard
- Start to undertake an organisational self-assessment and start to develop an action plan for improving practice
- collaborate and network with agencies and share ideas for practice.
What you will get from attending the workshop
- A clear understanding of what inclusive practice for LGBTI people means
- Understanding of how LGBTI inclusive practice relates to the aged care standards.
This workshop is designed for front line workers, managers, team leaders and service coordinators and case managers working in community care
and residential services with older people.
This workshop can be delivered to aged care services or for specific agencies for up to 20 participants.
It can be delivered online via our go-to-training platform in 3, 1-hour sessions online.
The workshop can be tailored to the needs of your group or agency
4 hours face to face or 3 hours online in 1-hour sessions
All online sessions are recorded and can be listened to at a time that suits you.
Ask us to run this course for your