Person Centred Thinking for Support Workers
This practical engaging workshop is designed for support workers to apply person centred thinking and wellness to their practice. It encourages support workers to develop reflective practice and reflect on how they can support people to have the best life possible.
Workshop participants will:
- describe the key principles of a wellness and person centred approach
- explore how to enhance the independence of people they support through practical case studies
- explore strategies to reflect on their practice
- identify opportunities for improving how they support people to have the best lives possible
- network and share practice ideas with other support workers.
What you will get from attending
- Practical skills in what wellness means for your practice
- Practical skills in what reablement means for your practice
- Access to practical resources that will support you to empower older people
Support workers or care workers working with older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
This workshop can be delivered to aged and community care services and disability services for up to 18 participants. The workshop can be tailored to the needs of your group or agency.
3 hours face to face or 2 by 1hour online sessions.
Ask us to run this course for your organisation. Contact us to discuss your requirements, ideas, and attendees.